Joe and Sandy Nelson own Molly Maid of Sarasota, Manatee & Charlotte Counties. In addition to her service-oriented career as a homemaker, Sandy worked as a home care assistant, providing one-on-one help for health care and daily living. She also owned and operated her own house cleaning business. Joe worked in waste management for 26 years, and has always been interested in operating his own business.
- How many years? 2
- Why Molly Maid? “Wanted to be my own boss.”
- What were they doing before? Executive in Waste Management for 26 years
- Key Benefit of Molly Maid franchise ownership? “The team takes you by the hand, guides you through the development process, and helps you understand what you need to do to understand the marketing process.”
Kevin and Katrina Keith, owners of Molly Maid of the DFW Metro Northwest are 12 year veterans of the business. In their 10th year, they were the proud recipients of the Shining Star award, which recognizes a franchise owner who embodies Molly Maid’s vision and core values with professionalism, gold standard customer service, promoting customer loyalty and serving their community. Their service as an Owner Training Center, high standards and ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions were among the reasons the Keiths were selected for the Shining Star award, and why they continue to be successful.
- How many years? 12
- Why Molly Maid? “One of the most significant benefits is the owner network. They are the ones out there, they’re successful, and all you have to do is follow their model.”
- What were they doing before? Real Estate
- Key Benefit of Molly Maid franchise ownership? The ability to have evenings and weekends free for time with family, and an opportunity to give back to our employees and the community.
- Least favorite household chore?
In 1993, Scott and Melissa Farrar became the owners of Molly Maid Williamson, South Davidson, Maury and Hamilton Counties, currently averaging over 23,000 home cleanings annually . Their franchise has received many awards for outstanding Customer Satisfaction, Market Share Penetration and Volume Growth from its Home Office, and they have received many locally voted “best of” awards.
Prior to joining his wife full time at Molly Maid in 2006, Scott spent over 28 years in the investor owned healthcare industry as an executive team manager. There, his team was responsible for negotiating a multi-billion dollar National Agreements portfolio covering medical equipment, medical/surgical supplies, pharmaceutical, nonmedical supplies and equipment, information systems and telecommunications.
Scott and Melissa are very active in their church, have two children and two grand-children.
- How many years? 24 years
- Why Molly Maid? “We like the culture of the company, we talked to other owners and heard the support they receive from the home office is top notch.”
- What were they doing before? Corporate career in the healthcare industry
- Key Benefit of Molly Maid franchise ownership? “We have seen the company continue to grow, develop and innovate in the area of house cleaning.”
- Least favorite household chore? Dusting and weed-whacking
Tim Rasner comes to Molly Maid from more than 20 years of leadership positions in New York, Tokyo and Hong Kong with Lehman Brothers, and most recently Nomura, a Japanese financial holding company. There he managed IT teams focused on efficiency, cost control and relationship management.
Tim earned a computer science degree from the University of Texas at Dallas. His first job was with Texas Instruments as a senior engineering technician.
Along with his wife Hien, Tim opened Molly Maid of Kissimmee, St. Cloud and Lakeland in September 2014. Together they see this as a great opportunity.
Tim and Hien, who is from Vietnam, have been married for two years and between them they have four children.
- How many years? 3 years
- Why Molly Maid? “Very transparent with Molly Maid, the model is simple.”
- What were they doing before? Financial and tech industry for 20 years
- Key Benefit of Molly Maid franchise ownership? “The support from the home office and the network of other owners, their willingness to spend as much time as you need to answer questions, that is what sealed it for me.”
- Least favorite household chore? Laundry!